For the record, Apache 1.3 needs AddModule, Apache 2 doesn't.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Barley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 7:14 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: JkMount error starting Apache

OK,

So, this *was* the problem. When I had tried it before,
I guess I had my AddModule line in the wrong place. I
tried it again and added the line at the end of all of
the other AddModule lines and it fired up just fine. No
warning from Apache about the module being already
loaded either.

Thanks very much for you lightning fast ideas and help
Oscar and Lajos. I guess it was just one of those
annoying little mysterious problems.

Gregg

> Does your httpd.conf have AddModule directives? If
so, add one for
> mod_jk.c - that's solved the problem for me before
>
> Lajos
>

> Barley wrote:
> > I am using Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 4.1, RedHat 7.3.
> > Tomcat runs fine standalone. I am now trying to
> > integrate Tomcat with Apache using mod_jk.so. I
> > compiled mod_jk.so from source and put it in my
> > modules/ directory. The module loads fine, but
Apache
> > won't start, because it doesn't recognize the
JkMount
> > directive.
> >
> > Here's what I have in httpd.conf:
> >
> > # Load mod_jk
> > LoadModule jk_module /usr/lib/apache/mod_jk.so
> >
> > #Configure mod_jk2
> > JkWorkersFile
> > /usr/local/tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties
> > JkLogFile /etc/httpd/logs/mod_jk2.log
> > JkLogLevel info
> >
> > JkMount /examples/*.jsp ajp13
> >
> > The workers.properties file is plain vanilla
default. I
> > changed the server.xml file to comment out the
Coyote
> > connector and uncomment the AJP 1.3, like so:
> >
> >  <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port
> > 8009 -->
> >    <!--
> >     <Connector

className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
> >                port="8009" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
> >                enableLookups="true"
redirectPort="8443"
> >                acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="0"
> >                useURIValidationHack="false"

protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyote
> > Handler"/>
> > -->
> >     <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port
8009 -->

> >     <Connector
> > className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector"
> >                port="8009" minProcessors="5"
> > maxProcessors="75"
> >                acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
> >
> > I get the typical Apache error for when you enter
an
> > unknown directive:
> >
> > "Invalid command 'JkMount', perhaps mis-spelled or
> > defined by a module not included in the server
> > configuration"
> >
> > So, what gives?!? Does this mod_jk thing really
work??
> > I bought a book (I won't mention the name in case
the
> > authors read this list), and boy does it suck bad.
> > ran into so many problems just getting to this
point
> > using the book, and there's hardly any decent
> > documentation for Tomcat.
> >
> > So, does the JkMount directive need to be a child
of
> > another directive? I tried it in a VirtualHost tag
with
> > the same results. I assume the module is being
loaded,
> > because the JWorkersFile directive doesn't throw an
> > error. I would appreciate any ideas anyone has.
Thanks.

> > Gregg

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> --
>

>                     Lajos Moczar
>        ----------------------------------------
>      Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
>        ----------------------------------------
>              Cocoon Developer's Handbook
>   (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

>       http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL