Howdy,
Your parameters should be in your web.xml, which is in your war file if
you're using a war file.  They should not be in the server web.xml (the
one in conf/web.xml in tomcat 4.x).  They are not part of the server and
don't belong there.  Putting them there makes your application less
portable and container-independent, which is a heavy cost.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.