Oracle is expensive to buy, expensive to hire a DBA...
  and well, in windows the installation is okay, but in linux is a real
nightmare... I took almost a week the first time (I wasn't a very
experienced linux user too)
  I'm using postgresql with Java and I'm very satisfied, much more
"serious" than MySQL, just as free and have a good comunity. I heard
Hypersonic is very nice, but you shouldn't use it if you get lots of
data. You know, it's java... it eats memory :-)))

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 16:45, Jens Skripczynski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thx for all the replies.
>
> I will give Hypersonic a try. (Because native java sounds good, and i do not
> have the money nor the time to learn oracle (a friend of mine told me
> an adventure about installing oracle on a windows system 'use that installer,
> swap cd's, because the default cd won't do the job, ....' took him a month)).
>
> If Hypersonic does not work, i will try postgres.
>
> Thx for all the replies.
>
> Ciao
>
> Jens Skripczynski
> --
> E-Mail: skripi(at)myrealbox(dot)com
>
> Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working
>                                     properly if you open windows.

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]