hello ,

I have been trying to establish conainer amanaged security , so I tried to configure it using JDBC Realm.
Steps what I follwed where :

1. created users table with fields username, password.

2. created roles tables with fields username, rolename.

3. In server.xml I added the JDBC Realm as follows :
   Snippet of server.xml
          <!-- Define the default virtual host -->
      <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="false" autoDeploy="true">

<!-- Logger shared by all Contexts related to this virtual host. -->
directory="logs" prefix="localhost_" suffix=".log"
timestamp="true"/>

<Realm classname="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
driverName="com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver"
connectionURL=" "
connectionName=""
connectionPassword=""
userTable="users"
userNameCol="username"
userCredCol="password"
userRoleTable="roles"
roleNameCol="rolename:/>
<Context path="/onjava" docBase="onjava" debug="0" reloadable="true">
</Context>

</Host>

</Engine>

</Service>

When I start tomcat4 , it starts and dies in about 60sec.

If any of you have encountered such situations , please provide some light to this problem which would be greatly appreciated.

Mubaraka Arif
Data Management Software Developer
St Mary's University, San Antonio, TX
e-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]