I can't seem to copy jsp files from my webdav nor an I copy them to my
webdav? DO you have this problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Price [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 11:39 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: WebDav

http://webdav.org/

> I got the latest version of Tomcat.It is on a Linux Box. I wanted to use
> webdav inorder to give our developers the ability to modify files in our
> webapps in Tomcat w/o having to login to the box and do vi or something,
w/o
> having to ftp files over or without having to scp files over. We all use
> windows boxes and I basically just wanted to do something like Webdav well
> they could just see a gui copy the file over edit it and copy it back. Can
> do this with webdav and if so how? And if not are there any other options.

One option is to set up a dedicated webDAV server which you are able to
use the way you like (as a workspace and shared repository of your
files), and provide an ant script which builds the webapp and ships it
over to the Tomcat server.

I never do any development in my Tomcat directories anymore.  I find
it's much easier to work on my local machine, or even in a workspace
directory on the server where my Tomcat is running, and then use an ant
script to (1) first build the application and (2) move the build from
the local machine/workspace directory to the Tomcat directory.

Using a scheme like this, you should be able to have your cake and eat
it too.

Erik