From: kama rao [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 3:01 PM
To: Tomcat Users List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: SSL configuration problem,URGENT --plz reply-still having
trouble

Hi,
i tried catalina run and got the stacktrace.I am using wstk for some project
and for that  i have to use the classpath set by it before i start tomcat.It
gives me error when i try to start.
But when i start without setting classpath for my wstk,it works fine,i got
the certificate when i try to access,the page.From this i figured that it's
a class path problem.How to fix it.I am uding IBMJCE for my rpoject,does it
cause any problem for this.I have to use the classpath set by wstk.
let me write what i did
1)put the jsse.jar,jcert.jar,jnet.jar in %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext\
2)changed the security files to include the ssl provider after IBMJCE(tried
changing oredr also---didn't work out)
3)added in the classpath manually.
4)still giving this error

Using CATALINA_BASE: C:\myroot\Tomcat

Using CATALINA_HOME: C:\myroot\Tomcat

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\myroot\Tomcat\temp

Using JAVA_HOME: C:\myroot\WSDK\sdk

[INFO] Registry - -Loading registry information

[INFO] Registry - -Creating new Registry instance

[INFO] Registry - -Creating MBeanServer

[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080

Exception during startup processing

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com

/sun/net/ssl/internal/ssl/Provider

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSEImplementation.getServerSocketFac

tory(JSSEImplementation.java:90)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.checkSocketFactory(Http11Prot

ocol.java:452)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.init(Http11Protocol.java:133)

at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.

java:1032)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.j

ava:579)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.jav

a:2245)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:511)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)

PLEASE HELP ME .
Thanks for your replies.
 Raja Sekhar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Hi Kama rao,

Dont start the server automatically from startup.bat. Instead goto the
command prompt and start the server by giving this command "catalina run".
This command executes the server in same window so you would be able to see
the error message.

I feel that you missed out having the JSSE in your library path. Debug on
this and your problem will be resolved.

Regards,

..Raj
--

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:13:44
pero wrote:
>Hi,
>
>erm, what about sending your server.xml-file to the list?
>This way we could perhaps determine what's going on.
>
>Peter

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com