Hi,

I have two web applications running in my Tomcat 4.0.6. One application is data
centric and heavily loaded and other is very light with hardly any users hitting. Now
what I observe is sometimes if there is a heavy search made on the first system... it
basically stops responding. I cant send any further requests till restart. But if I
hit the second webapp, it still keeps responding.

So what I feel is tomcat is internally dividing the heap and virtual memory for all
the webapps equally.. Is there anyway I can alter this heap for each webapp
separately??

Or please let me know any other alternative for this problem asap because this is a
production problem.

Thanks & Regards,

..Raj

Check out the new EudoraMail at