Greetings, list.  I'm having IE issues.  :-)

I have Tomcat set up on Win2K, SP3, and it refuses to send the session
cookie to IE (version 6, SP1).  This means that I can log in to my
application just fine, but when I click to the next page and my code checks
for a valid session, it finds none.  (works fine with Mozilla 1.2.1 and
Konqueror 3.0)

It worked fine when I first set up this server (a customer's server that
they sent to us to work with), back in January.  We sent the machine back to
the client, and it didn't work, so sent it back and I found some things that
I'm not sure were there when I first set up the box - the .NET framework,
and FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions.  Those may be related, may not - I
mention them just in case.

I have attacked this problem from many angles and just can't figure out
what's going on.  The original version of Tomcat was 3.2.3 (yes, very old,
you don't need to tell me).  Thinking it might be something with that
version, I tried 3.2.4 (baby steps), and 3.3.1a (toddler steps).  Same
problem.  Thinking maybe IIS was being a pain, I tried going directly to
port 8080 to bypass the redirector.  Same problem.  Thinking it was a
browser issue, I fiddled with the cookie settings for IE on the server
machine, setting it to accept everything.  No joy.  So I tried hitting it
from another machine, my daily workstation, which I know works fine because
I IE every day to hit my local Tomcat instance.  Didn't work either.  Tried
pointing the server IE to the Tomcat instance on my workstation - worked
fine, which tells me IE on the server is willing to accept cookies.  So, the
Tomcat instance on my workstation will send out cookies, and both my browser
and the server browser will accept them.  The Tomcat instance on the server
does not send out the cookies, either when going through IIS or running
standalone.  I've done a diff of all the configuration files for Tomcat
between my instance of Tomcat and the one on the server (when they are both
3.2.3, as that's what's on my machine), and they are all identical except
the auto-generated ones, which I don't really care about anyway.

Help.  :-)

Ian