--- Gabriel Santonja <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:51:57 -0800 (PST)
> Mark Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I know you guys have your great strategies in
> > balancing Apache and Tomcat.
> >
> > But, my project isn't really so picky about
> > efficiency, so I simply run Tomcat with SSL all
> the
> > time.  It simplifies my project a little bit.
> >
> > But then I do need to be able to run Tomcat SSL
> with
> > the certificated generated by my little Java
> program.

> Why don't you use the SSL HOwto in tomcat?. I'am not
> sure on windows but
> on linux it work fine with SSL on the 8443 port
>
> Actually my own problem is to use SSL only in realm
> login page but it's
> visibly difficult.
> Goodbye.

Man, it's not that I don't know how to run Tomcat with
SSL.  I know how to do that with the keytool-generated
certificate.

What I don't understand is why I can't run Tomcat SSL
with the certificate generated by my little Java
program.  And it is a valid certificate which I can
successfully import into the keystore as alias tomcat.

Any idea?