Bringing the post up!!

Any suggestions on this?? Please let me know...Thanks
-M

At 17:22 28/03/2003 +0000, you wrote:
Hi there!
I am trying to use "Single sign on" feature of tomcat and got stuck.
My problem is - even after configuring my webapps (all running under tomcat) for single sign-on,
when i change to a different app, it is asking me to authenticate again.

I must be missing something that ties all these webapps, but don't know what it is.
Here is what I have done -
In server.xml:

<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
driverName="sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"
connectionURL="jdbc:odbc:singleSignOn"
userTable="STUDENT" userNameCol="USERNAME" userCredCol="PASSWORD"
userRoleTable="ROLES" roleNameCol="USERROLE" />

<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true">

         <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn"
                   debug="0"/>
In web.xml of each application:

  <security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
          <web-resource-name>Webapp safe access ...</web-resource-name>
          <url-pattern>/addPackage.do</url-pattern>
          <url-pattern>/delPackage.do</url-pattern>
          <http-method>GET</http-method>
          <http-method>POST</http-method>
        </web-resource-collection>

        <auth-constraint>
          <role-name>admin</role-name>
          <role-name>visitor</role-name>
          <role-name>author</role-name>
        </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

<login-config>
<auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
<form-login-config>
<form-login-page>xLogin.do</form-login-page>
<form-error-page>/index.jsp</form-error-page>
</form-login-config>
</login-config>
Is there anything else I have to do??? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, can anybody point me to a place which has more information on this feature.
So far, I have found only this: http://www.ingrid.org/jajakarta/tomcat/tomcat-4.0b5/src/catalina/docs/singlesignon.html
Thanks.

best regards,
Madhavi