Hi !
Thanks for UR reply. I am doing everything U were suggesting me to (pls see my previous mail).
I know that the realm is working well, because it is authenticating the user properly and yes, I did put that under <engine> level.

The problem I am having is that it's asking me to re-authenticate when I move from one webapp to another.
So, I was wondering if I have to mention the list of webapps that use this single sign on feature somewhere...IS that so??

-M

Ok, I'm not sure but
1) Is your realm correctly configure?. Are you sure that your realm isn't
protect only your context. Try to place your realm in the <host> or the
<engine> (The doc is good for this) test with 4.1.24 because 4.0.4 may
be have some problem.
Test with memory realm.

2) Try to use the SSO capabilite:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html#Single%20Sign%20On

in server.xml
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn" debug="0"/>

bye bye.