This is a minor problem, but I have no idea yet:

In httpd.conf I configured VirtualHosts with a DocumentRoot like this:

<VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/bin/tomcat/webapps
    <Location "/*.jsp">
        JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
    </Location>
    <Location ~ /*/servlet/*>
        JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

This makes Apache serve all static content, and it works for all webapps but the ROOT webapp because Apache will not look for static content in /usr/local/bin/tomcat/webapps/ROOT.

Who knows how to do this properly?

Thanks,
Johannes