Hi -

I have been all over the net trying to find examples of how to do this and
am having a really hard time finding good documentation....

I have machine 'A', running Apache, hosting a website. I have machine 'B',
running Tomcat, running a separate site consisting of jsp's and servlets.

I need to put a link to the site hosted by machine 'B' on the site hosted by
machine 'A.'

Machine 'B', and therefore the site on it, is not exposed to the network on
which machine 'A' sits. Therefore I cannot just use a redirect command or a
standard hyperlink to connect the two.

I have read numerous posts that say I basically have two options: mod_jk or
mod_proxy.  Seeing as machine 'b', the Tomcat machine, will host the static
documents associated with its site...I think mod_proxy is the best way to
go...correct???

I am running tomcat 4.0.3 and Apache 1.3.....I also have 2.0 available to me
if that is better.

I cannot find documentation on how to use mod_jk under tomcat 4.0.3.
Furthermore, most documentation I read assumes Tomcat and Apache are on the
same machine. What do you do if they are not???

In regards to mod_proxy; Where can I get this? Apache was installed
previously and I do not have the source code anymore. Is there a binary
version of this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.