On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 10:31:15 -0700, Hemendra Rana wrote

> I am running Tomcat 4.1.24 server on Linux and every morning I get
> the following exception. Things work perfectly fine throughout the
> day after I restart the Tomcat server. Any ideas? Could this be a
> logger issue, because my server logs rotate every night.
> 2003-06-01 08:32:31 ApplicationDispatcher[] Servlet.service() for
> servlet jsp threw exception
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Communication link failure:
> java.io.IOException

I had this same error using 4.1.12 - it seemed like it would happen after
about every 8 hours - a default timeout, perhaps? I was never able to find the
reason for it - the advice I got was to re-start the server every morning, and
I really don't like doing that...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lynn Hollerman.