From: Hollerman Geralyn M [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 9:07 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat problems every morning.

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 18:14:05 -0700, Hemendra Rana wrote
> Are you using mysql database on the backend too. Someone here
> pointed out that by default, mysql driver times out after every 8
> hours. I still needs to verify whether that is the cause of my
> problem though. Will let you know of my finds.

Why, yes, I am. And I thought perhaps MySQL was the problem - but I was
told by some people using Oracle and PostgreSQL databases that they'd
seen the problem as well. I tried putting in some code to set the driver
time-out value, but evidently I didn't do it correctly, as the problem
persisted. I don't see the error with versions of Tomcat previous to
4.1.x, tho.

Lynn Hollerman.