Jeff,

I downloaded the JK2 binary from: -

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/release/v2.0.
2/bin/win32/

and installed it from the JK2 quick start guide at: -

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/doc/jk2/confi
ghowto.html

However, the only problem I found was the binaries don't come with any
sample configuration files and the JK2 quick start web page mentioned above
makes no reference to the [shm] entry you MUST add to the
workers2.properties file to make it all work.   This is where Dom came to my
rescue by posting his working config files.  So in the spirit of this mail
list here are my working settings: -

jk2.properties ------------------------

## DOCUMENTATION OF THE FORMAT IN JkMain javadoc.

# Set the desired handler list
# handler.list=apr,request,channelJni
#
# The default port is 8009 but you can use another one
channelSocket.port=8009

# Default:
# channelUnix.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.socket
# Just to check if the the config  is working
# shm.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.shm

# In order to enable jni use any channelJni directive
# channelJni.disabled = 0
# And one of the following directives:

# apr.jniModeSo=/opt/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so

# If set to inprocess the mod_jk2 will Register natives itself
# This will enable the starting of the Tomcat from mod_jk2
# apr.jniModeSo=inprocess

workers2.properties -------------------

[shm]
file=C:\tomcat4\logs\shm.file
size=1048576

[channel.socket:127.0.0.1:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/examples/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

Hope that helps.

David Legg