Hello,
How can I allow one web site managed by IIS to access one webapp on Tomcat and have
another web site managed by IIS on the same server (i.e. same instance of IIS) access
a different webapp on the same Tomcat instance?

I have two webapps running on the same Tomcat server at a client's site. The customer
wants both on the Internet accessed via two different web sites defined in IIS. One of
the web sites needs to be secure using SSL with a CA certificate and users have to
login to it. The other is for public access without a login or secure connections. The
customer would like to configure the IIS web site with the certificate and SSL rather
than configuring Tomcat as such. They want only the server that is running IIS to be
directly on the Internet and they want Tomcat to run on a separate server so that
Tomcat doesn't slow down the machine running IIS.

As far as I can tell, the IIS plugin for Tomcat (isapi_redirector.dll) is configured
via Windows registry settings that allow only one workers.properties file and one
uriworkermap.properties per physical server. So, I wonder if this is actually
possible. On the other hand, surely I'm not the first to need to configure it like
this. I can easily add both uri's to the uriworkermap.properties file, but I believe
this makes both uri's accessible to both IIS web sites.

   Nathan