Von: Halstead, Chris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. Juli 2003 18:57
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: RE: JK2 connector

Communication over 127.0.0.1 (or localhost, which should resolve to
127.0.0.1) should be more efficient than using the real IP.  The MTU over
loopback (127.0.0.1) is on the order of 8k in Solaris and 16k in current
Linux distros, whereas the MTU over a real IP maxes at 1500.  The larger MTU
will prevent fragmentation of your responses into multiple packets.  Using
loopback should also avoid going up and then back down the network driver
layers.  If all your communication is local, use localhost.

cheers,

-chris