I think the IDE driver I use also supports the old MFM drives, but
tomsrtbt does require 8MB of RAM to boot, not many computers with MFM
drives had as much as 8MB of RAM... -Tom

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Norman C. Leet wrote:

> Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 13:53:04 -0500 (EST)
> From: Norman C. Leet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [tomsrtbt] MFM drives ?
> 
> Just succeeded in bringing up tomsrtbt up on an old 386.
> 
> I initially had the 1.44M floppy drive set up as DOS drive "B:" and a 
> 360K drive in "A:", which yielded a protected or locked drive error
> message at installation.
> 
> Swapped the 1.44M floppy to drive "A:", and everything went smooth as 
> silk.  Guess I should have recognized that from the linux install info.
> 
> I saw plenty of references to IDE drives in the boot-up process.
> 
> Question: Does tomsrtbt have any limitations as far as dealing with
> MFM drives?
> 
> -Norm
> Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> 

Reply via email to