Tom Oehser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Does it work with the default tulip driver (which is compiled right into
> the default tomsrtbt kernel)? -Tom
> 


Actually no, but I think this is because of something different.
With the unmodified kernel and modules, the tulip module refuses to
load, complaining hat it is compiled for kernel 2.0.36 (or 37?) and
that the running kernel is 102.0.36 (or 37?). Looks really strange.

Another strange thing I noticed is that when booting the default
bootdisk, two inetwork interfaces are created, lo and eth0. I have not
figured out what device is used for the eth0, since no modules are
loaded. (what device is used for this?). However on the 2.4.2 kernel,
no network devices are loaded, not even lo. 

Also I've tried making a version with the 3c509 driver, and tested on
a computer with this card (that I know works) and the same thing
happens as with the tulip driver. (lo is not created either)

Maybe I need to get a newer version of the netutils as well, or maybe
there is something wrong with my kernelconfig (although I can't see
anything wrong :-(

aggh, this is annoying :-)


Hans-Christian

> On Sat, 3 Mar 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> 
> > Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 02:01:52 +0100
> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To: Tom Oehser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: Tulip driver
> > 
> > Well, I got the kernel up and running nicely, but getting my tulip based (an old 
>Cogent EM110) nic up was not so easy.
> > Has anyone here managed to get it to work?
> > 
> > My problem is kind of strange. The module loads nicely (at least it does no 
>complain) and I can use the device (eth0) for commands like ifconfig. However I do 
>not get a link (and I have link and traffic with the same cable and hub port if I use 
>another maschine).
> > Also if I try to ping the local address of the tulip card I get only errormessages:
> > ping: sendto: Invalid argument
> > (and so on)
> > 
> > I'll continue to research this, but if anyone here has seen anything like this, 
>please let me know.
> > 
> > Thanks
> > 
> > Hans-Christian
> > 
> > -- 
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > 

-- 
Hans-Christian Prytz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Harmless is something/a little knowlege is not"
          Rainmakers

Reply via email to