Oops, there is an issue just with the tulip that doesn't affect the ones
I'm able to test such as pcnet and serial.  It would be nice if they were
consistent... I'll have to go fishing in the source code.  -Tom

On 14 Mar 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: 14 Mar 2001 09:51:09 -0000
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [tomsrtbt] Re: Tulip driver
> 
> Tom wrote:
> > Tulip.  It is *already working*.  It is *NOT A MODULE*.
> > 
> > Tulip is ALREADY COMPILED DIRECTLY INTO THE KERNEL.
> > 
> > Also, get 1.7.118.
> 
> Um, well, I'm trying to bring up a laptop for forensic examination
> without touching the hard drive, and that involves getting the
> PCMCIA (CardBus, actually) ethernet running.
> 
> I'm having the same problem that Hans-Christian Prytz is.
> 
> I get (copied by hand):
> cardmgr[153]: unsupported card in socket 0
> cardmgr[153]:   product info: "Linksys", "EtherFast 10/100 PC Card (PCMPC100 V2)", 
>"V2.0"
> cardmgr[153]:   manfid: 0x0149, 0xc1ab  function: 6 (network)
> 
> Attempting to insmod tulip_cb.o, I get:
> Error: The module was compiled on kernel version 2.0.39
>        This kernel is version 102.0.39. They don't match!
> 
> Not even insmod -f works.  If tulip is in the kernel,
> - Can PCMCIA use it? (I thought that got added only in Linus' 2.4
>   PCMCIA driver rewrite)
> - If so, how do I get it to use it?
> - If not, why can't I load the modules?
> 
> I'm using 1.7.218 (plus /lib/modules/pcmcia add-ons)
> 
> Thanks for any help!
> 

Reply via email to