>  Sorry I wasn't totally clear: I figure we change it's syntax to
> something more intiutive to current-day-programmer. It's almost a simple
> one-one change.
> 
>  Please tell me if this would be a problem, I'll look into doing it (or
> not) in an hour or so.

No.  Lua is Lua.  There is zero chance that I'll ever be open to including
a language in tomsrtbt that is extant nowhere else than tomsrtbt.  I
expect to keep and use Lua exactly the way it is, including the parts that
I don't like, and the parts that are not C like.  Actually, the thing I
have the most annoyance with is that assignments are not expressions, you
cannot do:

 while X=read() do 
  print(X)
 end

Instead I have to do either:

 X=read()
 while X do
  print(X)
  X=read()
 end

or

 while 1 do
  X=read()
  if not X then break end
  print(X)
 end

or

 function setret(a,b)
  setglobal(a,b)
  return b
 end
 while setret(X,read())
  print(X)
 end

-Tom

Reply via email to