Wednesday Mar 28 16:58:27 +0200 2001 Bjorn Eriksson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Tom Oehser wrote:
>
> > > A bit closer to what <insert favorite deity> intended :-)
> >
> > Closer to what I (as a Java programmer) would think is ideal, also, but
> > not valid Lua, more is the pity. In Lua, "if" requires "then" and "end",
> > blocks must use "do" and "end" not curly braces, there unary not must be
> > "not" rather than "!", the logical or must be "or" rather than "||". I
> > have to admit I am with you that C is the One True Language, certainly
> > awk (considering the source, no suprise) is more C like then Lua.
>
> Sorry I wasn't totally clear: I figure we change it's syntax to
> something more intiutive to current-day-programmer. It's almost a simple
> one-one change.
>
> Please tell me if this would be a problem, I'll look into doing it (or
> not) in an hour or so.
I agree w/ this syntax change. When I first looked lua I disdiked the
syntax, but when I saw those finished lua scripts, I thought "why not".
anyway, I'd like to use brackets and braces instead of english words.. hmm
should I patch lua to allow finnish keywords >;)... I suggest, if such
change is made, the new version is called `clua' (almost like `clue ;).
> //Björnen.
Tomi