On 01/31/10 04:23 AM, timeless wrote:
On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Rob Clark<rob1w...@aol.com>  wrote:
How do they manage their Builds ? With Hudson (written in Java).

There are a bunch of tools to deal with continuous integration. My
employer tried to use Hudson and I've decided that I will gladly
campaign against it anywhere as a service to whichever community
encounters it.

But before that, afaik, the opensolaris community hasn't expressed any
problems/needs in this area, so I'm assuming there aren't any. the
process I've seen with this community is such that if there's a
problem, it's first identified, and then requirements are solicited,
and a set of evaluation criteria are established, followed by a call
for candidates, a call for evaluations, the evaluations, and a
decision.

Has anyone actually indicated there's a problem relating to continuous
integration which needs to be solved?

My experience with Hudson has been...less than stellar. However, the pkg(5) team recently started using it it for the value it provides in continuous multi-platform build testing.

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker