On 03/26/10 04:39 PM, Michel Jean wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to add a personalized script in jack's home folder  and save  the
new iso image on  disk. but I tried it, and after booting from the modified iso
image the system goes to maintenance mode.

Here is how I proceed
cd /cdrom/opensolaris

mkdir /cdimage/i386
find . -print | cpio -pudm /cdimage/i386
cp ~/personalised_script  /cdimage/i386/jack/personalised_script
cd /cdimage
mkisofs -o /cdimage/osolx86boot.iso -b boot/grub/stage2_eltorito -c .catalog \
            -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -N -l -R -U \
            -allow-multidot -no-iso-translate -cache-inodes -d -D -V \
            osolx86boot   /cdimage/i386

I also tried without copying personnalised script and it give the same kind of
error.

If you already made that kind of work please send me your receipe.

The volume name used in mkisofs -V must match the ISO's original, as it's recorded in the boot archive so that the boot scripts mount the correct media when multiple versions are present.

Also, install-discuss or caiman-discuss are better places to ask about this sort of thing.

Dave