On  5/04/11 04:21 AM, Will Fiveash wrote:
On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 12:00:01PM +1000, James C. McPherson wrote:
On  4/04/11 11:56 AM, Richard Lowe wrote:
Having merge changesets in a project gate is utterly sensible.

I agree - but I don't want them in ON.

But when prepping a project to push to ON, isn't the standard operating
procedure to clone a child repo of the project gate and do a hg recommit
in the child to create a single changeset with everything collapsed and
then push that back to ON?  Doesn't that take care of the two parent
issue when merge changesets are pushed to the project gate?

It does. You just have to remember to do it.

The issue I have related to this is how to rebase a project gate without
creating a merge changeset that is pushed back to the project gate.
When I was looking for information on how to rebase I was pointed to
this webpage:

http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+tools/hg_workflow

by someone who was gk'ing another project gate.  To quote that doc:
[snip]
So is this wrong?  If so, what is the correct procedure for rebasing a
project gate and where is that documented?  If it isn't wrong then there
should be a gate tools config parameter to allow merge changesets.

No, it's not wrong.

James C. McPherson
--
Oracle