A low impedance tower ground is important. Google TOWER FOOTING RESISTANCE
for an IEEE ppt. on this. I would aim for a couple of ohms. That means
several long rods.

Dave WX7G

Dave,

Of course a low impedance ground is important.

I have a ground field with 6 - 10ft 3/4 inch schedule 80 copper tubing. They
are
buried with the tops about 12 inches below the surface. The

ground rods are all connected with 1 1/2 inch copper strap and to the ground
plane in the arrestor box. The ground plane

that the arrestors are mounted is 12 X 18 X 1/4 inch copper plate. There are NO
soldered connections. Only thermo-welded or screwed

together. There is "NO-OX" in the screw connections.
For safety reasons, the tops of the ground rods MUST be below ground,
Electrical
Code in St. Louis County.

Price W0RI
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK