A 50 ft high vertical with two top hat loading wires each equal length about 67ft will work great with a good ground field. It can easily be fed with a 4-1 toroidal transformer 50-12.5 Ohms. Absolute minimum radial field would be 30 1/4 wave radials adding as many possible short radials in space if required.

A small inductive coil wound on base insulator can easily tune the antenna to the band segment you want. Use large diameter copper tubing.

It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.

Albert Einstein

Topband Reflector Archives -