I thought of that, Lee.  I think I was at least 1 kHz below wherever TJ2TT showed up, and I asked if the freq was in use twice, before I called CQ.  (I think they were spotted on 26 or 26.5 after I was on making calls. I never heard them )  The obvious solution is to ask me to QSY.   You don't start jamming me. (?) I really got confused and upset.

The static is getting quite pronounced some nights, although other nites are quiet. I'll be around on 160 for awhile yet.  At least until I get all the new coax chokes installed out in the woods near the beverages. I have about a foot of ice and snow yet so finding the coax cables underneath is a problem. My goal is to get common mode noise off all of my rx antennas.  Then I go play on VHF and fly fish all summer.

73

Dave K1WHS

On 3/29/2018 3:52 PM, Lee. KX4TT wrote:
I suspect it's because someone thought you were QRMing TJ2TT; He was pretty
much QSA0 for me. Local QRN/QRM has made 160 very tough for me; I could barely
hear Roger and he is usually fairly easy copy.

73 de Lee KX4TT
Tampa, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: Topband [mailto:topband-boun...@contesting.com] On Behalf Of David Olean
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 11:31
To: Roger Kennedy <ro...@wessexproductions.co.uk>; topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX Activity Night

Roger,

I was QRV for awhile, but seem to have attracted someone who hated my guts. I was QRMed
while trying to work stations. they put a carrier on top of the stations I tried to work.
They QRMed the dx station and were sending false signal reports in hopes of confusing me.
  Then they came on and sent me disparaging remarks and called me a "bone
head".  I went QRT. I know I am not a great operator, and make mistakes, but who
needs that when you are trying to relax and have some innocent fun?   I am starting to
sour on the Gentlemen's band moniker. It was quite upsetting.

We had a fair amount of lightning static here, but conditions seemed pretty
fair otherwise.  You peaked up pretty loud at times.  I could barely detect
4K6FO last night. He was good copy the night before.  I did not hear any SA
stations and I think they were QRV. Each nite is different!

K1WHS