Hmmm....you DID relocate or rebuild your ground system so it converges
on a point below the bottom of the 100 foot tall wire right?  I mean,
you aren't using the 43 foot vert. ground system with the 100' wire?
A series fed vertical isn't rocket science so let's not over think
this.  If it doesn't work well it is probably inefficient.  I'd make
sure your ground system is adequate.  No, you can't use an existing
ground system that converges on a point 30 or 40 feet away from the
100' wire.  Yes, I've had people ask me if they can do that, so it is
worth mentioning.

You can go the elevated route, but it is _critical_ that it be
constructed correctly to adequately replace a full ground system at or
below grade.   You need four radials parallel to earth extending out
90 degrees from each other and their lengths must be equal and 90
degrees long (1/4 w.) at frequency.   The ends must be h.v. insulated.
They should be elevated 20 feet on 160 m. to completely de-couple from
earth.

73
Rob
K5UJ