OK, thank you for the response.

I tried to reinstall the tools to fix possible configuration failures,
but without success. As I understand, Sesame 2 is "just" an API (plus
a lot of additional features ;) ) to access triple stores like
BigOWLIM, isn't it? According to what ontotext sais in the
documentation, BigOWLIM works well with Sesame 2 and is designed for
Sesame 2. So, if TopBraid works with Sesame 2 it should work with
every repository that is accessed by Sesame 2, should't it? Do I
understand this wrong? Sometimes it's more complex like it looks;).

I will ask ontotext, whether they have some idea.