Absolutely. In fact, I am copying the SPARQL out of the SPIN rule window
for the rule that I created. I am also attaching the screen grab.

SELECT DISTINCT ?plabel
WHERE {
    ?cls (rdfs:subClassOf)* act:ASActivity .
    ?cls rdfs:subClassOf ?par .
    ?par rdfs:label ?plabel .
    ?cls rdfs:label ?clabel .
    {
        FILTER fn:contains(fn:upper-case(?plabel), fn:upper-case(?arg1)) .
    }
    UNION
    {
        FILTER fn:contains(fn:upper-case(?clabel), fn:upper-case(?arg1)) .
    }
    UNION
    {
        ?cls skos:altLabel ?alabel .
        FILTER fn:contains(fn:upper-case(?alabel), fn:upper-case(?arg1)) .
    } .
}

where ?arg1 is a spin:constraint Argument sp:arg1 : xsd:string

I expected that in the Variables and Arguments window I would see every
variable and be allowed, as I was for plabel, to associated them with
constraints.

This is using V4.2 ME by the way.

Jack

--