I just remembered where I saw the fuseki reference and thought it was
condoned by TQ. It is in the Learning SPARQL book. But that is unimportant.
I downloaded the Jena git archive and edited the jena-fuseki pom.xml file
and rebuilt the code. Holger said to use the 1.4.0 version of the SPIN
library, which depends on jena 2.11.0. So I got that version. But the build
failed. Since you all have been pushing TBL I returned to building out my
TBL adapter. Yes, in the browser my SPIN rules work against the TBL
instance I have running with TBCME, but I have not been so lucky, yet,
making Jena calls to the TBL instance from code. They don't fail but they
don't return results either. So for the time being I am dead in the water.