Is these (both the INSERT and the SELECT something that would be embedded
inside my SWP forEach? Even if it is its going to be messy and ugly. Can I
take the ui:update block and the other code and put them into SPIN
functions or magic properties to unclutter the SWP? So far it isn't
working...

Its just sad that there isn't a clean (this is hardly what I'd call clean)
mechanism to persist a variable value in the same context you mentioned for
ui:tempGraph. That is, within the scope of the SWP construction.

Jack