OK that makes sense for this widget - sounds cleaner than hiding - might
need to create a tree of dummy classes to control which subclasses are
relevant I guess.

This doesnt solve the other problem of needing to define propertyShapes for
all the classes you use, without changing the data or ontology graphs. I'll
experiment with a load-time transformation to generate the dummy class tree
and propertyshapes, stuff it in an extra graph and import it.