I will adopt the notion of a "global prefix" but that will break the minute
an external ontology overlaps with a prefix I already use.  Hopefully
better prefix handling is on the development roadmap, particularly where a
prefix issue is preventing a webservice from being invoked using the
prefix.  Diagnosing my issue was especially difficult since the Available
Web Services page showed my service as available with the prefix in the
syntax.

Thanks for your help,

Tim