On 2022-06-20 2:51 pm, Tim Smith wrote:

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022, 12:30 AM Holger Knublauch <hol...@topquadrant.com> wrote:

    On 2022-06-20 2:17 pm, Tim Smith wrote:

    Hi Holger,

    I will do some testing.  I have tried rendering a string of type
    rdf:html in the value table viewer and it appeared as the HTML
    source code (complete with tags) in the cell.  If it appeared as
    the HTML definition, that would give me complete control for the
    initial use case.
    Right, I looked at the source code and believe the tables should
    render rdf:HTML inline, so I have recorded a ticket to  get this
    changed (after confirming there is no problem with that).

I will also double check what I found last week.  I used SPARQL to force a change from rdf:HTML to xsd:string so the text would not display with tags.  This worked.  I am trying to somewhat visually duplicate an existing Excel layout to prove to my Stakeholders that my knowledge graph actually has the same information.  (the true base use case is being able to first define the shape of the graph and second being able to render the shape in a way that they expect to see , thus my need to control formatting for viewing)

If value table viewer will render HTML, then I can achieve my first use case, and hopefully gain acceptance. I'm happy to share more details off-list.

Coming up

I'll see if I can still get this into 7.3 for you.

Holger

    For the full use case, I will need professional services to
    enhance the functionality of the existing value table viewer.

    Over many years of experience,  I have found that a
    spreadsheet-like way to create instance data in a complex graph
    significantly lowers the barrier of entry to a knowledge graph
    solution.

    In older iterations, the Search Panel had editable cells, and that
    made inline editing quite easy. Would that help or would edits
    need to be on the Form itself?

I need to review the previous functionality to know if that would work.

What I was envisioning now was writing a constructor using ADS, and expressing that constructor as a row in a Value Table Editor.  It may not be a generilizable solution but it would work for graph shapes that needed to create a lot of intermediate instances to fully populate the shape.

Thanks for the input!

Tim

    Holger

    Thank you for your solutions,

    Tim

    On Sun, Jun 19, 2022, 7:59 PM Holger Knublauch