> Have you set AccountingMax in your torrc, by chance?
>
> Also, you sure are restarting the relay a lot. You should learn how to
> use 'service reload' rather than 'service restart'. :)
No, I don't have AccountingMax enabled, which is one of the reasons why
I was puzzled by the hibernation flag. Thanks for the tips on the
service, I should have known better. I was restarting often because I
was making adjustments to the DirPort and the hosted webpage (that .png
thumbnail never loaded when it was offered locally, so I just linked to
the hosted one on torproject.org) and it took a few tries before things
were working right. Well, at least I won't be restarting Tor frequently
going forward. Thanks.

>> 3) There are mysterious warnings in the log:
>>
>> Jan 30 23:07:29.000 [warn] EXTEND cell received, but not via
>> RELAY_EARLY. Dropping. [4 similar message(s) suppressed in last 3600
>> seconds]
>> Jan 30 23:07:29.000 [warn]   (We have dropped 95.24% of all EXTEND cells
>> for this reason)
> You don't happen to have set "ProtocolWarnings 1" in your torrc, have you?
>
>> I'm familiar with the meaning of the "EXTEND" cell, but I'm not sure
>> what RELAY_EARLY is
> See
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/blob/HEAD:/proposals/110-avoid-infinite-circuits.txt
> as motivated by
> http://freehaven.net/anonbib/#congestion-longpaths
>
> My guess is that these are unofficial Tor clients you're seeing, and
> you're seeing them more because all official Tor clients are ignoring
> your relay until it gets out of 'phase one' (from the blog post).
Yes, I had ProtocolWarnings enabled, good eyes there. I had it on
because I thought that it would help me see Tor-level security threats,
but I think it's better with it off at least for now.
Thanks for the help.

Jesse