On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 11:52:00PM +0200, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> I moved a Tor relay to new hardware, keeping the keys. Both old and new
> server are located in Germany and provided by the same hosting company.
> After the latest Atlas update, I was surprised to see that the IPv4
> address is listed as belonging to an AS in Ukraine. A little more
> digging returned Guangzhou, China, as the supposed location based on the
> server's IPv6 address.

Yeah, that pattern happens a lot with IPv4 addresses in Germany and
Netherlands in particular, because they "lend" them out to more remote
countries like Nigeria, and then take them back a few years later,
and the whois databases are always a bit behind.

> Is there anything I can/should do about this (I doubt it)? Will this
> affect my Tor node consensus weight? As it is not an exit node, I am
> hoping it won't matter much.

It should not affect your consensus weight -- that number is made by
several vantage points actually making Tor circuits through relays
including yours, and those vantage points don't care what the geoip
database says about your IP address.

--Roger