> On 6 Jul 2018, at 19:03, I <beatthebasta...@inbox.com> wrote:
>
> Teor,
>
>> Please run:
>> tor --verify-config -f torrc
>> before posting a torrc.
>
> That's useful to know.
>
> Now that I've used 'auto' for both DirPort and ORPort I still get 'unable to
> prove they're reachable' for the ports tor has chosen.
>
> Is it just a waste of time to try to run a relay through a mobile phone's
> data because the telco is actively blocking a lot of usual broadband activity?

Most mobile carriers use carrier-grade NAT.
And then your mobile broadband router probably also does NAT itself.

If you don't have a public IPv4 address assigned to the WAN side of your router,
there's not much you can do at home.

You could rent a remote server (VPS) to set up a Tor bridge or non-exit relay.
Some of them even have free trials for a few months.