On January 29, 2019 3:45:55 AM UTC, Keifer Bly <keifer....@gmail.com> wrote:
>Thanks. I also wanted to ask, is there a way to upgrade tor using
>Windows Powershell? The way I am doing that is downloading the tor
>expert bundle when a new one is released and manually replacing both
>tor.exe and obfs4.exe with the new versions. I have tor installed as a
>Windows service via powershell, so is there a way to do this? I am
>asking because the current tor expert bundle is tor 0.3.4.8 whereas I
>believe 0.3.5.7 has been released. Thank you.

Hmm, I thought someone answered this question already, but I can't find the
answer in the list archives.

0.3.4.8 is still a supported version. You don't need to update.

One simple way to keep Tor up to date on Windows is to use the Chocolatey
package manager to install the tor package:
https://chocolatey.org/packages/tor

It has Tor 0.3.3.9, which is still a recommended version.

You can script chocolately using the "choco" command.

Otherwise, you can script powershell to download and install packages.

I can't help you with the details, because I don't do a lot of work on Windows.
But maybe someone else on the list can.

If you work out how to do it, please write back to the list with the scripts
you used.

teor