Greetings,
I've operated both relays and bridges for more than a decade but I'm new to the
raspberry pi. I think it a real possibility for future bridge deployment en
mass. I have several questions that I can't seem to work through:
1.) The tor package I get from the repository is 0.4.2.7 (obsolete). I thought
it was because the pi machine had raspian for the os. So, I downloaded and
installed 32-bit ubuntu server 20.04.3 instead
(https://ubuntu.com/downloads/raspberry-pi). It made no difference. I changed
to a new SSD to make sure all was virgin. How do I upgrade to current version
of Tor for this bridge?
2.) Some of my bridges have (and some do not have) /var/lib/tor/stats folders.
I am interested in the 'why' of this and also how I can install that capability
on all bridge relays. The stat printout is in units of '8' and I'm sure the
Russians, Egyptions, etc. do not use bridges in unit neat units. What am I
reading in bridge-stats?
3.) Does Tor project state somewhere in it's docs that it's a terrible idea to
give a bridge a nickname such as 'TorCuba'? It should!!
potlatch

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) Secure Email.