Hi all!

February was one of those seldom months where no release went out. We
focused instead on fixing regressions we enountered with the release of
Tor Browser 6.5 [1][2][3] and on preparing our next releases which are
due tomorrow.

Besides those release related tasks we worked as well on our more
long-term ones: integrating our last year GSoC project into our Q&A
infrastructure[4], making our build system faster and more scalable[5],
and moving to Firefox ESR 52[6].

The full list of tickets closed by the Tor Browser team in February is
accessible using the TorBrowserTeam201702 tag in our bug tracker[7].

In March we plan to get a set of new releases out (6.5.1, 7.0a2, and
7.0a2-hardened) and then focus on the long-term items mentioned above.
We'll prioritize the ESR 52 transition work so that we are ready to ship
a first alpha based on ESR 52 in mid-April and nightly builds as soon as
possible. All the items we have on our radar for that deadline can be
found with the tbb-7.0-must tag in our bug tracker[8]

All tickets on our radar for this month can be seen with the
TorBrowserTeam201703 tag in our bug tracker[9]].

Georg

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/21330
[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/21396
[3] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/20905