That's exactly it Thomas. I was setting the dbName
when I did not have to, which set up a different
dbMap. Thank you for all your help.

I'm trying to do inserts now and I'm getting an error
message that a Date field cannot be before 01/01/70. I
have never had this happen in version 3.0.
Still trying to work that one out inbetween other
projects. I will have to check out the release notes
to see if there were changes to Date fields.

Thanks!
Jim
--- Thomas Fischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jim,
>
> are you sure you used setDbName() correctly ? The
> setDbName() is for ther
> following scenario: In the schema.xml used by the
> generator, one can define
> different <database>s  which have a different
> structure. The generated
> classes know which <database> they belong to.  Then,
> in the runtime, you
> can assign different connection-urls to the
> different <database>s. But as
> the structure of the <database>s" may differ, this
> means that Torque has to
> keep a dbMap for each <database>. So if you set the
> dbName in criterion, it
> uses a different dbMap. If this map does not have
> the correct entries, the
> doDelete fails.
>
> This scenario is different from the case where you
> have different databases
> (e.g. on different servers) with the same structure.
> For this, you have to
> provide different runtime properties, but you must
> not change the name of
> the database in the criteria.
>
> In general, if you just have one <database> element
> in your schema.xml and
> just one database to connect to, you need not worry
> about the database name
> within the runtime.
>
>    Thomas
>

> Jim Caserta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am
> 16.03.2005 13:44:44:
>
> > Thomas,
> >
> > I did some further looking at what I changed and
> > attempted to re-create the problem.
> > It appears that setting the DbName with the actual
> > HighLevel qualifier for the tables (was "default"
> > previously) wreaked havoc with the "tables"
> hashtable
> > in the dbMap (line commented out below) in the
> > criteria.
> >
> > I cannot explain it, but it happens consistently.
> >
> > criteria.add(TableNamePeer.OFFRG_N, primaryKey);
> > //criteria.setDbName(db2Schema);
> > TableNamePeer.doDelete(criteria, dbConn);
> >

> > --- Thomas Fischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > > Jim,
> > >
> > > I still not understand the cause of the problem
> and
> > > your solution. What did
> > > you do to make the error do away ?
> > >
> > > Looking at the generated code, I do not see how
> > > accessing the static method
> > > of one table could possibly initialize or
> > > re-initialize the Map builder of
> > > another table.
> > >
> > >        Thomas
> > >

> > > Jim Caserta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am
> > > 15.03.2005 20:00:02:

> the
> CURRENT
> > > SQLID

> [...]