On 04/11/2011 09:16 PM, Andrei Polushin wrote:
> I've attempted a translation of TortoiseHg 2.0.3 into Russian and I
> have to share some thoughts on this.
>
> Qt issues
> =========
>
> Certain common buttons, like "Cancel" and "Close" remain untranslated.
> Looks like localizations of standard Qt strings are not part of the
> distribution. Or am I doing something wrong? (I'm on 32-bit Windows.)

This happens on pt_br too. I investigated this issue a bit, but couldn't find
a simple fix (and it seems I also forgot to send a bug report...).

> (...)
> Language issues
> ===============
>
> Certain words looks identical in English, but belong to different parts of
> speech, so they require different translations.
>
> For instance, "Clean" could be (1) a verb, used in the text of an action
> button, or (2) an adjective, like in "The revision status is Clean".
>
> The word "Commit" used in user/repository settings dialog could be
> translated as noun, similar to English "The Process of Commiting". In most
> other cases it is a verb, mostly used on buttons.
>
> This case are rare, so for now I suggest to manually review the grammatical
> meaning of the two words above, and make a clear distinction for the
> translators.

The translation function now accepts a context specifier; see how "All" and
"None" are handled by your translation software (or Launchpad). I'll send a
patch shortly to add contexts for "Commit" and "Clean".

Regards,
Wagner