Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your response. More or less, that is what I was expecting - just
wasn't sure if there was a way I had missed.

Regarding TSVN not being able to determine "branches" and offer to switch:
Perhaps I am missing some edge cases, but I would have expected it to be as
"straightforward" as the current action with revisions.
If a commit on the inner WC created by an external occurs, but that WC has
switched to a different path, there is no value in offering to update the
version.
In fact, this can be potentially breaking, if the external URL has revs
newer than the previous peg...

What I would (perhaps naievely) expect to occur, post commit (inner WC):
1. Check WC path vs. svn:external property path
--> If different, offer user to change
2. Check WC revision vs. svn:external property peg/operative revision
--> If different, offer user to change

I'd be curious to understand any use cases not considered or adequately
addressed with this line of thought. I must be missing something... =)

I do appreciate the feedback you have provided, and can work with it.

Thanks,
Paul P.