I just ran across an older repository in my SVN database that has a couple
of files that have an invalid filename.  The filename as seen within
TortoiseSVN as well as viewing through a browser is '/'.  If I click on the
file while using the broswer, it opens up and I can see the ascii text
within and it actually c code.
If I try to rename using TortoiseSVN I get the following error: "Subversion
reported an error: File not found: transaction 'xxxx-xx', path
'trunk/directory/subdir1/subdir1a/file' (where file is the filename I want
to change to).
If I try to check out using the windows command prompt I get the following
once the bad filename is encountered:
"svn: E155000: Path
'C:\local-repo\repo-name\trunk\directory\sub-dir1\sub-dir1a\\' is not in
the working copy".  Note the double '/' at the end with the final '/' being
the filename encountered within the svn database.

How can I correct this issue without causing harm to this or any other repo
within the database?  I was afraid to try to delete the file for fear of
doing irreparable harm (due to the nature of '/' and what it represents on
the Linux host).

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.