After backing up the repository I would examine it with low level tools and
once I found the slash I would change it to an X or a Y using a hexeditor
such as Hxd. Might not work and there might be too many slashes to narrow
it down but that would probably be my first angle of attack. Obviously
Daniel's solution is much safer.