Thank you Daniel,

When I am onsite, I have no issues with Tortois SVN at all. It is only when
I am working from home using a VPN to access the network share where the
repository is when I can only checkout, update but not commit. I have
anonymous=none and authorized='write' in the svnserve.conf and I am using a
password file for user logins. There must be some kind of proxy setting or
a hook I am overlooking. I also notice it not asking me for user or
password from home, which is strange.

James