When I was testing I had some trouble to get Explorer to accept the new
settings. I had to kill explorer.exe and restart it (logout/login or
restart computer should have the same effect) before changes appeared. It
didn't seem consistent (sometimes I had a feeling the items appeared
immediately, but I didn't test it enough).

I didn't mean that menu choices don't appear because of performance issues,
rather if it could hurt performance to show all at once. Thinking of it,
it's probably more likely to give users the possiblity remove seldom used
options to reduce clutter.

/Daniel